Disqualified from driving? We can help you get your licence back now.
The law is changing to allow disqualified drivers to reapply for their licences and get back on the road immediately.
Disqualified drivers who qualify who have gone two to four years without committing a traffic offence are able to apply to get their licences back now. The changes to the law, to allow the Local Court to set aside disqualifications came into effect on 28 October 2017.
To get our clients back on the road as soon as possible, we have compiled a database of disqualified drivers and through the number of people who have sort our assistance, we have been able to discount the cost to $1,100.00 inc GST for the application to the court to get our clients’ licences back. We are making these applications now.
Disqualified drivers are able to apply to have their disqualifications set aside if:
- The driver has not been convicted of any traffic offence for two years and the existing disqualifications are for driving whilst disqualified or driving whilst suspended or you have a habitual traffic offender declaration.
- The driver has not been convicted of any traffic offence for four years and the existing disqualifications are for the following offences:
- Drink Driving
- Refuse breath analysis or wilfully alter concentration;
- Drive under influence of alcohol or drug;
- Driving recklessly, furiously or in a manner or speed dangerous to the public.
If you fit into either of the above criteria, the changes, you are able to apply to the Local Court and the court will consider setting aside your remaining disqualification periods. The Local Court must take into account the following in determining whether it is appropriate to remove the licence disqualifications:
- The safety of the public
- Your driving record;
- Whether you drove or were in a position to drive a vehicle during the relevant offence-free period;
- Your conduct subsequent to the licence disqualification;
- The nature of the offence or offences giving rise to the licence disqualifications;
- Any other relevant circumstances (including, without limitation, the impact of the licence disqualifications on your capacity to carry out family or carer responsibilities or on your capacity to travel for the purposes of employment, business, education or training, your health and finances and the availability of alternative forms of transport).
AC Law Group
AC Law Group are criminal lawyers with offices in Parramatta, Blacktown and Sydney CBD, but we appear in all Australian courts.
Our co-founder 2017 NSW Australian of the Year Deng Adut, one of Australia’s best-known solicitors, is dedicated to Western Sydney (having been raised in Blacktown following his life as a child soldier in South Sudan). You can watch a short film Western Sydney University made about his life here.
To bring the best legal representation to the west and so clients no longer had to travel east to access high-calibre representation, he opened AC Law Group’s first criminal law office in Blacktown and its head office at Parramatta. He retains a third office in Sydney CBD as a central meeting point for other clients. Unlike other law firms, each of our solicitors have 5 + years experience in criminal law, so we can provide you a senior lawyer for court.
We are a specialized criminal law firm that is dedicated to providing the best representation at an affordable price. When we say we believe in justice for all, we mean it. We put communities before commerce and people before profits. To ensure our clients have access to the best representation available we offer free first conferences, fixed fees, payment plans and give our solicitors discretion to reduce prices on a case-by-case basis.
We can assist you:
- Beating criminal offences and Apprehended Violence Orders
- With sentencing to keep you out of gaol and so you don’t have a criminal record
- With traffic offences to save your driver’s licence
- With any other area of criminal law, including bail, appeals and section 32.
Our exceptional representation, commitment to clients and the Western Sydney community, in particular, has seen the work of our solicitors recognized, not only by business groups, but by some of Australia’s most respected institutions, including:
- The Australia Council, which named AC Law Group solicitor Deng Adut the 2017 NSW Australian of the Year, recognizing him as one of the leading citizens who shape our nation, inspire us, and are role models for us all.
- The Law Society of NSW, which is the representative body for solicitors in NSW and promotes the fair practise of law, awarded the Law Society of New South Wales President’s Medal to our solicitor to recognize his significant personal and professional contributions to the betterment of law and justice in the community.
- The Daily Telegraph nominated AC Law Group as Champions of the West for its contribution to Western Sydney.
- News Corp awarded our founder the Pride of Australia Medal to celebrate his remarkable contribution and achievements as a member of the Australian community.
- The Australian Human Rights Commission nominated AC Law Group partner Deng Adut for the Human Rights Medal, which is awarded to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the advancement of human rights in Australia.
Our Sydney, Blacktown and Parramatta criminal lawyers are experienced in all manner of criminal cases, meaning whether your case is a minor drug possession, drink driving or murder, your matter will be assigned to a senior lawyer who give you the representation you need when your licence or liberty is at stake.
Do not settle for second best. We are here to help.
If you require assistance, contact us on 24/7 on (02) 8815 8167 or make a website inquiry.