International Students Sydney

It is not a secret that many of the international students who are completing their studies in Australia wish to further stay in Australia after their graduations. Here are a number of visas that may be available to them:

General Skilled Migration
Students who have completed 2 years of study in Australia may be eligible to apply for permanent residence as a skilled migrants. This gives them some advantages including:
  • Onshore Application: Students can apply while in Australia, a bridging visa allows them to remain in Australia during the process of their applications.
  • Work Experience Waiver: Students are exempt from the usual 12-month work experience requirement for skilled migration.
  • Additional Points: Points are available for studies in Australia, particularly where completing higher qualifications or studying in a regional area.
Partner Migration
Should you have an Australian spouse, partner or fiance, it is possible for them to sponsor you for permanent residence. Your partner would need to be an Australian permanent resident, citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen.
Company Sponsorship
If you have a job offer with an Australian company, it may be possible for them to sponsor you for either temporary or permanent residence.

Free Confidential Consultation

Our Lawyers Have Appeared On

Scroll Up