Australian Citizenship – Immigration Lawyers and Agents Parramatta Blacktown Sydney
Our migration team, based in Parramatta, Blacktown and Sydney, consists of lawyers nominated for Immigration Lawyer of the Year and the Human Rights Medal. We take pride in being able to assist couples to move to, or remain in Australia.
There are three ways to get Australian citizenship:
- By birth – In Australia people automatically become an Australian citizen if they are born here and one or both of their parents is an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia;
- By descent. If you are the child of an Australian citizen but you are born overseas you will generally be granted Australian citizenship, subject to certain rule and requirements;
- By grant: If you are not a citizen of Australia you can apply to become an Australian citizen if you are:
- Are an Australian permanent resident;
- Are over 16 years of age;
- Have lived in Australia as a lawful resident for a total of four years before you apply without being absent for more than 12 months and 3 months in the year immediately before you apply. You must also have been a permanent resident for at least 12 months;
- Are of good character;
- Have a knowledge of basic English;
- Are likely to reside in, or to maintain a close and continuing association with, Australia if granted citizenship.
Please note, for New Zealand citizens, there are additional pathways to citizenship that we can advise you on and assist you with.
Why choose AC Law Group?
Our migration team, based in Parramatta, Blacktown and Sydney, consists of lawyers nominated for Immigration Lawyer of the Year and the Human Rights Medal. We take pride in being able to assist our clients to move to, or remain in Australia.
Led by Deng Adut and Fardin Nikjoo, our lawyers fight harder than anyone else in the industry to help you and your loved ones make Australia home because they had to fight to become citizens of this country themselves.
Deng Adut is one of Australia’s best known lawyers for his work in the court room and as a community leader. He is the 2017 NSW Australian of the Year and a recipient of the prestigious Law Society President’s medal. Having come to Australia as a refugee, following life as a child soldier in Sudan, Deng put himself through law school and has become a formidable advocate, bringing countless people to Australia for a better life.
Fardin Nikjoo is a solicitor and registered migration agent, having been head hunted by AC Law Group following the establishment of his own migration agency. Throughout his career, he has helped people in the community obtain Australian visas for themselves and their loved ones, assisting people here and abroad whether a business person, student or asylum seeker in detention. His pride in assisting people comes from his own experience having spent time in an Irani prison before receiving asylum in Australia and becoming a successful businessman.