General Skilled Migration Visas – Parramatta Blacktown Sydney
Our migration team, based in Parramatta, Blacktown and Sydney, consists of lawyers nominated for Immigration Lawyer of the Year and the Human Rights Medal.
General skilled migration visas are for people who are not sponsored or nominated by an employer and are:
- Skilled in terms of qualifications and/or work experience;
- Less than 50 years old; and
- Have English language skills.
The skilled occupations list can be viewed here.
Under this visa, applicants and their partners and dependants obtain:
- Permanent residency (visa subclasses 189, 190 and 887)
- Provisional or temporary residency which may convert to permanent residency after a period of living and working in Australia (visa subclasses 476, 485 and 489).
People who often apply for this visa include:
- Locally-based and overseas-based skilled applicants;
- International students studying outside Sydney;
- People with no Australian qualifications or registration.
Why choose AC Law Group?
Our migration team, based in Parramatta, Blacktown and Sydney, consists of lawyers nominated for Immigration Lawyer of the Year and the Human Rights Medal. Our service for General Skilled Migration Visas includes:
- Advice about requirements and stages and rights and obligations during processing by the Immigration Department;
- Assistance drafting reference letters and obtaining supporting documents;
- Advising on and preparing nomination applications to State or Territory governments;
- Preparing applications for sponsorship by Australian citizens and permanent residents;
- Preparing visa applications;
- Ongoing liaison with the Immigration Department and, if necessary written legal submissions in support of difficult applications.
We offer further advice on how these visas are a stepping stone to permanent residency.